Jan 24 2019
As the most popular online video platform in the world, it would be silly not to hitch a ride on YouTube to promote your business.
Their stats are impressive:
- Over 1.5 billion worldwide users
- One billion hours of content watched daily
- Localised in 91 countries and accessed in 80 different languages
- More than 100 hours of video uploaded every minute
So how do I get found amongst all these videos we hear you ask. Well, it’s not as difficult as you’d think. Once you’ve created your own YouTube Channel you would then make sure that:
- Title: Your title is described clearly. Think of words that would pull people in.
- Description: Keep it short. YouTube only display the first two to three lines. Put a link to your website in the first line. That way it will show up in a search engine results page’s truncated descriptions.
- Tags: Don’t go overboard. Choose the three most clickable topics of your video, and make them your tags.
- Annotations: Use them wisely as they can be annoying little things. Having an annotation at the end saying “Click on the subscribe button” will remind people to subscribe to your channel.
YouTube say that 64% of people watch a 30-minute infomercial to the end while only 20% of people finish reading an article. So we’re sort of hoping you made it all the way down here!